Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Little Notes








Everyday, for the next few days I will write a little note to someone special.
Only that person will know who they are, and those close to me can take a guess.
Each day I will cherish the memories Ive had, and pay tribute to those who played a major role in my life, people who made me who I am



Day One : The One I Miss The Most

School days were a pain. I hated studying and hated life, but thinking back on those times they weren't to bad. I had people next to me who made life worthwhile.

You were one of them . Company in class, partners in basketball games, someone to show me that shopping, wasn't really that bad a thing. It's been more than 2 years, I haven't seen your face, and it's not this sappy cheesy thing where I can;t live without old friends, but distance has shown me who truly had an impact on my life. I know that I'd do anything to go back for another one of those days, where we did nothing but hang out at malls, make fun of people and talk about school days.
People disagree, people have fights, but for some bizarre reason, I dont remember us having any issues like that. We didn't even fight over silly things like football or cricket teams, music choices or even movie preferences. Maybe I just don't remember the bad things anymore, or maybe there was no bad moments.
The game was United was probably one of the best days of my life, maybe its because I miss you , maybe its because I miss Liverpool winning so much... But everytime I watch a major football game, I wish I was back there.
Everytime I see a Cosmo , or a tequila shot, I don't feel the same . Back then it was about having fun, now all it is, is a glass of alcohol that doesnt really do much for me.

There's so much I wish I could share with you today, I wish you could meet the love of my life, or watch the final Harry Potter with me. I wish you were there when we bought Jazz home, or when Sylvie died. Shopping doesn't feel the same, neither does parties. Great books are incomplete without someone to discuss it with and my music choice has just dulled without someone who finds some of the most awesome music out there.
Yes, I have made great friends here, but none I get along with as much as I did with the people back in Dubai. No one that I have known for half my life. No one who knows my mood swings, how easily I get upset, how difficult some memories of my past are, how shy I can be at times, How football crazy I am. No one truly understands it anymore. I know traditionally, I should go on thanking you for being there, being a friend etc, but seriously? Thats not going to happen.
I know you don't need all that, so all I'm gonna say for now is what you read in the next few lines...



What today's note is about, is you. It is my way of saying, I Remember. I remember every single moment, every single memory, and I pray for it not to be our last.

They say don't look back, but what if looking back is the only thing that keeps me sane enough to move forward?





No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a note :)